Followers

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

My first year project is "To Sense My Space", very broad, which is good, but found it tough at first as I had so many different idea's. I soon realised though that I was going too deep looking into the project so had to pull back and and look at how I actully sense my space. I thought of each of the different spaces around me; there is my personal private space in my head, my personal surrounding space which only close friends and family would come into, my work/ studio space where i share the space with other people but have my own space with in that space and then there is public space that you share with everyone. So I started making boxes to represent each space and how I sence each of them.
 Sketches of my idea's for my boxes.


 Sticking on plastic spikes to the inside on my first box: personal private space.
 

  As I soon found out the hot glue gun was not strong enough to secure the spikes so i had to re-stick them with nomal super glue.

 My little figure for the box made out of air dough.
 

 Using fairy lights as a light source to the box.
 

 Carving an indent into the side of the board to sit the fairy lights into in order to be able to finish the box without damaging the wiring of the lights.
 










 


 After re-thinking my personal private space (that being the private space of my head) I realised creating a visual of my sence of space wasn't going to give enough of a sence to the viewer so I decided to create a sence of touch from my box so I glued black paper and tore it so the viewer could put their hand in (or still look in if they wish) and feel how I feel in my own space.

 I've also been sketching my phyical personal space


 And my surrounding space which I share.                                   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment