A photo of a students work in the ceramic disiple show in aportfolio on the day of the ceramics workshop which I greatly enjoyed. I loved this piece of work as the creature in the centre is extreamily intresting with its unusual and inaginative features. I alo like the pattern of the different marks in the background, their plainness highlights the creativeness of the creature.
I love these pieces as they have unusual shapes.
The kiln where the ceramic pieces are "fired" ie dried out.
Having seen the ceramics i was very interested in trying out some 3D work. I decided to cast a coffee cup and my keys as they are items with are permanently within m space and indeed everyone else's space; however my attempt at casting the coffee cup did not go well. on my first attempt, I accidentely got plaster stuck within the space underneath the cup which meant I wouldn't be able to remove it and it was necessary to do so to fill the mold and complete the cast. my second attempt, the layer of clay I made an layer over the first half of the mould did not set right; half was still extreamally wet but half was extreamally dried out as it was to thinly applied in that articular area, This meant I couldnt make the second half of the mould as the plaster would stick to the other half and then I would not be able to fill the inside and create the cast.
My cast of the keys, which I thought turned out pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment